Darnell for President Darnell for President

I loved every second of this! The script was hilarious, and the animation style was so unique and full of character. I really hope this gets the award it deserves for Pico Day.

We Gotta Get Spongebob Ba We Gotta Get Spongebob Ba

"We've gotta get SPOOONGEBOOOOB BAAAAACK!" Dear God, I've watched this at least 5 times now and it's never any less amazing than the first time. This was absolutely hilarious, and the animation was top-notch too. I'll definitely have to show this to my friends, just to see what they think. Oh, also...I noticed the decapitated Squidward. ;)

John The Fisherman John The Fisherman

I just had to stop by and say this was an excellent short! I'd have to agree with you saying that this short is the best you've made in terms of tone and writing; every single word contributed to the mood well. The voice actress was great too, she matched the tone perfectly. The animation was nice, had a unique style, and there were a few nods to the dialogue while it played out ("probably doesn't even blink"). Lastly, it had a strong ending that matched the tone well. Fantastic work!

Gerkinman responds:

Im really glad you enjoyed it. I dont think the short would be what it is with any other voice actor in her place.

A Dragon Named Coal A Dragon Named Coal

MrClam said pretty much everything on my mind pretty well. The art and sounds are fantastic, but the game and dialogue need a ton of work. I'm just not finding the game all that fun yet. The combat feels dull; some sort of combo system worked into the sword would work well. The leveling and quest system is interesting, though.

Story and presentation-wise, the dialogue is full of little errors and clashes with the tone; using emoticons in a dark fantasy makes absolutely no sense at all. The UI could also use some polishing up, but being an alpha, that's not a big deal. On the positive side, the speaker performs his job perfectly! Sounds like a grandfather telling a story, and that suits this so well.

I hope the game is updated greatly over time; I'd even argue against uploading a pre-alpha to begin with, but I won't make a big deal out of that considering this is polished enough.

CleverCrowGames responds:

LDAF, thanks for playing our pre alpha demo. We are currently looking for an editor/writer to help us polish a lot of the writing. If you know of anyone the job description is here > http://steamcommunity.com/groups/a-dragon-named-coal/discussions/1/610574827757077836/
You are right about releasing a pre alpha. But we consider this to be a crucial stage for feedback and would much rather hear people's reactions now than when the whole game is completed.

Rock Simulator 2015 Rock Simulator 2015

A deep, emotional tale of virtue and redemption. It really could use a scoreboard though, I think it'd really add to the experience.

AerionsRealm responds:

Scoreboard is a great idea. :D

Snowman Slide Snowman Slide

Pretty damn good! I was really impressed with how the levels came out with everything randomized; some were hit and miss, but some were so well made I could've sworn they were done by a person. Fun music, the art looked nice, the story was nice and silly for the holidays..overall, a great package!

Zanzlanz responds:

Thanks for your review LDAF! :D

My favorite part is the generator - it makes the game challenging for even me to play it each time! I'm sure it wouldn't affect most players if it was randomized or not though, but whatever x)

I agree that some levels are VERY clever. It makes me chuckle some times when I get into a puzzle that I would never have come up with myself xD

I don't often add stories to my games, but when I do... lol xD
Thanks again!

colony remix colony remix

Love the original, and this is an awesome take on it! The more electronic approach is fresh, and you got a kickass guitar tone out of FL Studios, which is always to be commemorated. Great work!

buttman-swe responds:

thanx alot, first i was very hesitant, but i thought.. whatehell lets give it a go. i really appriciate the feedback. maybe i will do something else down that very same lane.

Ride the World Ride the World

I definitely see the Dream Theater influence from the opening, along with some other styles coming along for the ride throughout the song. Every portion fits together well too, which is a challenge. Definitely full of energy, it's another winner, RF! The tone just sounds the tiniest bit muddy to me, but that might be my headphones starting to go out, so I couldn't fairly take away points for that.

RealFaction responds:

Thanks ! :D

The Catalyst m. fusion remix The Catalyst m. fusion remix

Great!

I first heard this on youtube, and it was a pleasant surprise to find this here when casually scrolling through the Audio Portal. This was a great throwback to Meteora, I especially like how you slowed down the "God Bless Us Everyone..." verse. You went up and beyond with this, especially with the acoustic section and synth that you could only really hear until after the guitars stop playing. Great piece all around.

Daily Imagination #365 - One Man's Sky Daily Imagination #365 - One Man's Sky

Just an awesome way to end the Daily Imagination series! It has such a sense of scale and awe, just like a ton of other pieces from the series. Having the man as little more than a blue dot on the orange world really gives me a vibe of him being out of his element by a long shot.

I know this is gonna sound really cheesy, and might be a little off-topic, but I wanted to say thanks for doing the Daily Imagination series. I haven't been able to look at every one each day, but whenever I got the chance, I really looked forward to them. They were a real treat, and they've been really helpful in my own development as an artist. I've used them more times than I can count as references, not necessarily in the designs themselves, but studying the way they were made; I've been fascinated with the way you seem to be able to improv designs on a daily basis, and how you use your painterly style to put them together quickly. Once again, I've tremendously enjoyed the series, and can't wait to see what you do going forward!

Xephio responds:

Thanks for the kind words, LDAF. I am very glad I've helped you in some way with my dailies and wish you nothing but the best of luck with your own journey in becoming a great artist!

And I hope I can keep helping people because I won't stop making paintings any time soon, that's for sure

Samurai A. Samurai A.

Neat! It's always really cool to look back at old stuff that devs have done, especially things that never came to light. Was this done with rotoscoping? Kind of looks like it.

MindChamber responds:

close! a mixture of traditional animation and primative 3d geometry used to keep the volume as accurate as possible. Is how the new kof games are made, and I did it like 8 years ago :-p

Newgrounds Rumble Endings. Newgrounds Rumble Endings.

Brings back a lot of memories! It was always nice to get a look at the artwork at the end of each campaign. It's very well detailed and just oozes with your crazy style, especially the use of color and sketchy outlines. I'm just kinda surprised you're not getting a ton of reviews here begging for certain characters in NGR2, since you basically confirmed it in Jak's review there, haha. :P