- Age / Gender:
- 19, Male
- All Stats >
Anybody better than you has no life, and anybody worse is a noob.
- Community Stats
Level 28 Gamer
Ranked as Police Lieutenant
This is probably gonna end up as one hell of a post, so hold onto your seats, folks!
New Supreme Alpha for the Writing Guild
Tremax and I talked about this a little bit over the past few days, and I've been given the honor of being appointed the Supreme Alpha for the guild! I want anyone who's currently in Alpha to know that I'm passionate about the truly creative part of writing; it's not just the words you see on a page or screen, but how they come together to create an image in your head. The way I see it, careful and precise use of the language can change a story from flat and empty to colorful, creating a reaction in the reader. For the guild, nothing would make me happier than to help encourage everyone to do what they do best. Everyone has a different style of writing, and it's certainly not my place to discourage your particular style. Still, I'm sure that we'd all like our pieces to have a certain amount of polish, and that balancing act is something that I want to be a part of, with all of you. This is very quickly entering rambling territory, so I'll wrap up with this:If everything I just said seems like a bunch of mumbo jumbo that makes no sense, feel free to PM me! Don't know what the Writing Guild even is? Click here, and you'll get a better idea!
It's been a long year, but I feel that I accomplished some great things in that time!
- LOCKED, my first novel, was published on Amazon and Barnes & Noble's Nook!
- Wait in Gold was released. It was originally intended to be published on the App Store, but the $99 fee and the necessity to own a Mac scared me away. I know Android is always an option, but I'm not sure that it's even still worth it after all this time; the game would need to be polished up quite a bit more, and I think at this point, it's best off staying as a Flash game on NG.
- I completed a series of portraits of musicians I've been inspired by. I'm glad I set out to do this, but looking back, I think the project suffered from the same thing that Orchestra of the Zodiac did; I tried to do a little of everything instead of focusing on one style. It's hard to see improvement over time when everything is in a completely different style. Still, I have some pieces I'm happy with, and that's always nice to have!
I have no intention of being a slouch this year! Here's some stuff in the oven for 2015:
- FlashStorm and I were thinking about collaborating on a few songs.
- I'm FINALLY almost done with that CS5 beatemup animation! It's been a challenge to work on, but it's been rewarding, no doubt. It's also a ton of fun to watch an animation evolve from this to this!
- I aim to get scouted in the Art Portal! I plan on uploading more consistant quality work to develop my style.
- A surprise game for November. Don't want to give away too many clues or hints on this one, it's one I love the idea for. :3
- The Power of 4 game our team is working on!
- More videos and possibly shorts for Red Cap Studios.
Phew, that's a whole lot of links and typing...well, that's all for now! Have a Happy New Year, folks!
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 1,965 (From 387 different games.)